- Houghton, Frank, Editor
- Swainson, John, Publisher
- Smith, Irving B., Publisher
- Pomeroy, A. A., Editor
- Wilcox, Alanson, Editor
- Item Type
- The Marine Record was established in 1878 or 1879.
Frank Houghton, "editor and proprietor" in 1883 when it expanded to a four column paper. The offices were at 171 Superior and 136 Bank Streets, Room 7, Cleveland, OH. Houghton's name last appears in the 8 March 1883 issue.
Editorial office moved to 2 South Water Street on 1 April 1883, as the old building was being demolished.
Alanson Wilcox appears as editor and proprietor from 26 May to 2 August 1883 at the new address.
The Marine Record Printing Company is credited as publisher from 8 August to 30 August 1883.
From 6 Sept 1883, A. A. Pomeroy appears as editor and proprietor. The publication moved to 144 Superior Street (the Cleveland Leader Building) for the 13 March 1884 issue. A subsequent move took them to 181 Detroit Street for the issue of 25 Apr 1889.
There are only scattered issues from the early 1890s, but by 22 May 1890 Irving B. Smith and Capt. John Swainson were identified as publishers, and the Cleveland editorial offices were back in the Leader building.
- Place of Publication
- Cleveland, OH
- Date of Publication
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Ohio, United States
Latitude: 41.5001578353075 Longitude: -81.6928779946899
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Maritime History of the Great LakesEmailwalter@maritimehistoryofthegreatlakes.caWWW address