- Item Type
- Coloured linen postcard of the Detroit & Cleveland Navigation Company steamboat GREATER DETROIT on Lake Erie.
- Divided back postcard. Postally unused.
- "Str. "Greater Detroit" Length 550 feet. Width, 100 feet. Draught 16 feet. Tonnage, 4,500. Horsepower, 12,000. Speed 21 miles"
Reverse: "Pub. by National Railway news Co. Inc."
"New Steamers Greater Detroit -- Greater Buffalo. The two largest steamers of their type in the world, each having 26 parlors with bath; 130 staterooms with toilets; automobile capacity, 125; 650 staterooms; crew of 300, including officers. The cost of these leviathans of the Great Lakes is approximately $7,000,000."
"Tichnor Quality Views"
- Ntional Railway News Co. Inc.
- Date of Original
Width: 13.9 cm
Height: 8.6 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 42.454166 Longitude: -81.121388
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Maritime History of the Great LakesEmail:email@example.com