Long Sault Rapids, St. Lawrence River, Canada
- Notman, Photographer
- Item Type
- Patriotic coloured postcard of the Richelieu and Ontario Navigation Company steamboat ALGERIAN in the Long Sault Rapids. One of a series of four Notman photographs of this passage.
- The ALGERIAN was a rebuilt in 1874 of the BAVARIAN (1873), in turn a rebuild of the KINGSTON (1855). She was renamed CORNWALL in 1904. Postcard has divided back. Postmarked Montreal, QU 13 Aug 1925. The original image probably dates from the 1880s.
- "Long Sault Rapids, St. Lawrence River, Canada"
Reverse: "Novelty Mfg. & Art Co. Ltd. Montreal"
"Long Sault Rapids nine miles in length the rapids of the Long Sault are the most considerable of all of the graduated waterfalls of the St. Lawrence."
- Novelty Mfg. & Art Co. Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
Width: 13.9 cm
Height: 8.7 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Maritime History of the Great Lakes